If a person is interested in preventing aging, while correcting any damage to their skin, then using retinoids each day is a great option. Retinoids are actually vitamin A, along with other molecules that are derived from vitamin A. Learning a bit more about the use of this product can help a person see why this is a smart addition to their skin care routine.
Benefits of Using Retinoids
Vitamin A is imperative for the normal development of skin cells, as well as differentiation. Some of the other benefits that it offers the skin are found here.
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Inhibits the breakdown of collagen
- Increases elasticity
- Regulates the production of sebum
- Increases the synthesis of collagen
- Improves the water barrier function
If a person is planning on using retinoids, there are a few tips that will help them do this successfully and reap the benefits it offers. The tips for using these products are highlighted here.
- Find the right form. If a person has sensitive skin, they may want to begin using an OTC retinol serum that is less irritating than prescription strength options.
- Create a routine and stick with it. This can be every other or every third night.
- Prepare the skin first. Using a barrier cream can be beneficial for successful application or retinoids.
- Only use retinoids during the day. The retinoids that are applied are going to degrade when in the light, so users won’t be getting their money’s worth wearing them during the day. Also, heat from the sun can result in redness or erythema.
- Be patient. This isn’t going to provide results overnight.
Keep in mind, the order that retinoids and moisturizer are applied to the skin are not important in regard to how effective the products are. The key is to find a retinoid that a person likes and then stick with a routine. One of the best ways to learn about retinoids is to browse the options available at amazon.com. This is going to help ensure that each person can find an option that suits their skin types and needs for superior results.